Thursday, September 2, 2010

cameron

Unit 4 Visual Communication and Design
Cameron, 2010
Stoneware Clay

Part one of my design brief asked me to design a character for an animated short "World Beyond the Classroom Window". The film is set in the 1990s and hence I had to make sure my character reflected this context.The character of Cameron is a 9 - 11 year old boy who is generally awkward and doesn't associate with any of his classmates, instead spends all his time out in the gardens - like he was a part of his surroundings rather than ever being overwhelmed by it. In this particular scene, Cameron sits out on the grass staring out at the sun, his camera in his hand and thoughts somewhere distant; contemplating the big mystery that is life.
Part two of presentation one was to create a sculpture of the newly designed character. This sculpture took me a week to mold. I have to now leave him out to dry for a week before I chuck him in the Kiln and then paint him. I will upload photos of the final presentation later :)
photos by asha

No comments:

Post a Comment